ADGM’s Fintech Abu Dhabi Global Tour lights up iconic New York Stock ExchangeADGM FSRA 31/08/2021
- The trading floor of a Wall St. institution, and the world’s biggest stock exchange, was lit up to celebrate the arrival of Fintech Abu Dhabi’s latest stop
- ‘The Search’, a 50+ country world tour, has been invited to locations such as The Louvre, The Lord Mayor of London’s Mansion House and G20 Summit week, in a global hunt for the top startups disrupting the future of world finance.
- With unprecedented demand, the Founders of over 100 world-leading Fintech startups are set to join the world’s top investors and bankers at the Fintech Abu Dhabi Festival, 22 – 24 November 2021
- The Fintech100 also includes the founders of 8 Unicorn Fintech’s, and the average funding per startup of the Fintech100 rises from $41m (2020) to over $70m (2021)
- Success confirms Fintech Abu Dhabi’s emergence as one of the world’s top Fintech Festivals.
Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the international financial centre in Abu Dhabi, is pleased to update that 90 of the world’s most innovative Fintech startups have been confirmed to join the prestigious Fintech Abu Dhabi Festival, 2021.
Held from June to October 2021, the Search covers more than 50 countries to scout for the world’s best Fintech startups, through a series of competitive pitching competitions.
The winners of each stop join the illustrious ranks of the Fintech 100, and will showcase their solutions and meet potential investors at ADGM’s flagship Fintech Abu Dhabi Festival, taking place over 22 - 24 November 2021 through a hybrid event format in Abu Dhabi.
“It has been exciting to witness first-hand the high calibre of Fintech talent at each of the Search stops thus far. We look forward to connecting Abu Dhabi with various Fintech hubs across the world, and uncovering even more cutting-edge Fintech startups, who will all convene in Abu Dhabi in November as part of the Fintech Abu Dhabi Festival.” said Emmanuel Givanakis, Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of ADGM.
Thus far, the Search has visited 30 countries and regions: the UAE, the Netherlands, France, Germany, Australia, China & Hong Kong, Southern and Eastern Africa, the United Kingdom, Central Europe and North America, with upcoming stops in South America, followed by India, the Nordic Region, ASEAN region, MENA region, Israel, Turkey, before finishing in Italy, during G20 Summit week.
29 of the winning Fintech startups selected through these stops are: YAP, FinFlx, Lucidpay, Owlin, We.Vestr, Silverflow, InvestSuite, Bfore.ai, Greenomy, Insha GmbH, Nect, Saffe, Avertro, Unhedged, Vcex, Privé technologies, Covergo, Emata, Lami, HUBX, Intellibonds, Regtick, Rise,Taurus, eWarren, Franc, Motito, JustWallet and upSWOT.
Some of the biggest names in world finance have spoken at each tour stop, including the Lord Mayor of the City of London, the founders of Unicorn tech startups Mambu, WeLab and Zip Co, Chairmen and CEO’s of some of the world’s biggest fintech corporations, including New York Stock Exchange and ICE Chairman Jeff Sprecher, Finastra CEO Simon Paris and Network International Chairman Ron Kalifa, and SkyBridge Capital Founder Anthony Scaramucci.
To find out about upcoming tours, please visit The Search, the Fintech Abu Dhabi 2021 Global Tour (adgm.com).