Registration Authority Commences Public Consultation on Proposed Changes to ADGM Commercial LegislationADGM RA 30/05/2022
The Registration Authority (RA) of Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) has issued a consultation paper to invite public feedback and comments on the proposed amendments to its commercial legislation.
As part of the ongoing enhancement of ADGM’s regulatory framework, the RA is proposing changes including:
- the introduction of a late filing fees framework:
- rather than attracting a penalty, certain late filings will attract a late filing fee of USD 150 per month, capped at three months.
- the introduction of a commercial licence renewal obligation:
- a licensed person will be allowed a grace period, such that no late renewal fee will be payable where an application is made to renew a licence within one month following its expiry (provided the renewal application is approved);
- a late renewal fee (USD 150 per month, capped at three months) will be payable where an application to renew a licence is submitted more than one month after its expiry; and
- a requirement on licensed persons, who do not intend to renew their commercial licence, to notify the Registrar of that intention and take steps to terminate their operations/registration in ADGM within a set timeline; failure of which will attract a penalty.
- various miscellaneous amendments, including but not limited to:
- providing for a simplified strike off process for companies and LLPs;
- amending the definition of ‘working day’ to align with the changes introduced by the UAE government;
- removing the obligation to have ‘RSC’ on the name of a company – making it optional.
ADGM invites public feedback and comments on the proposed amendments, which can be addressed to: email@example.com.
For more information and to review the consultation paper and legislative amendments, please visit the dedicated webpage on: Consultation Paper No. 3 of 2022 - Proposed Changes to ADGM Commercial Legislation