ADGM Academy joins WCBI as Founding Sponsor17/09/2019
Future workforce, emerging financial technology and sustainable finance among key themes for founding sponsor ADGM Academy at World Conference of Banking Institutes.
Abu Dhabi Global Market Academy (ADGMA) is pleased to join the 23rd World Conference of Banking Institutes (WCBI) as a founding sponsor. Presented by LIBF and organised under a partnership between the UK Government’s Department for International Trade, the City of London Corporation, Global Banking Education Standards Board and City & Financial Global, the WCBI is held in London’s iconic Guildhall on 16 & 17 September 2019 and has gathered more than 400 prominent figures from the international banking and financial services community.
These included central bankers, commercial bankers, finance professionals, academics, learning and development consultants, and banking and finance education providers from around the world, who discussed the forces shaping the future of the sector.
Commenting on WCBI 2019, Hamad Sayah Al Mazrouei, Managing Director of ADGMA said: “We are delighted to work with the London Institute of Banking & Finance and its partners in supporting such an imminent global conference and thought-leadership platform. As an International Financial Centre, ADGM believes that education is one of our important economic and social blueprints. Through ADGM Academy, we will continue to strengthen the financial sector locally and globally through our programmes, initiatives and intellectual capital.”
Alex Fraser, CEO of The London Institute of Banking & Finance, the organiser of WCBI 2019, said: “We are delighted to have ADGM Academy as the founding sponsor of the event. As one of the leading academies in the region, providing world-class financial research and training services, they are in a unique position to share valuable insights with our audience.”
To foster a keener insight of the financial and FinTech developments in Abu Dhabi and wider Middle East region, Christopher Kiew-Smith, Head of Financial Technology Strategy, Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Abu Dhabi Global Market, shared his views on the emerging technologies during a dedicated panel discussion in Day One of WCBI. Recognising the impact of emerging technologies such as blockchain, the ADGM Academy’s School of Digital & Fintech, one of its eight schools, focuses on blockchain fundamentals, ecosystem strategy and fintech masterclasses among other key areas.
Mr. Jassim Al Marzooqi, Head of Operations and Training, ADGMA shared his insights and experience on building a conducive workplace for staff and employees, focusing on areas including ethics and conduct for financial professionals, machine-learning and innovative solutions that raise competence.
On day two, highlighting the importance of sustainability from emerging markets’ standpoint, Steve Barnett, Executive Director - Business Development, Abu Dhabi Global Market delivered his views on the developments in the Middle East region and initiatives by ADGM.
On Day 1, speakers included:
- John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister
- António Horta-Osório, Group Chief Executive, Lloyds Banking Group
- Daniel Schmand, Global Head of Trade Finance, Deutsche Bank & Chair of the ICC Banking Commission
- Alastair Graham, Secretary-General, Global Banking Education Standards Board
- Ruth Wandhöfer, Non-Executive Director, London Stock Exchange Group
- Dr Paul Fisher, Fellow, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership & Visiting Professor, The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Alison Cottrell, CEO, Banking Standards Board
They were followed, on Day 2, by speakers, including:
- François Villeroy de Galhau, Governor, Banque de France
- Catherine McGuiness, Chair of Policy and Resources Committee, City of London Corporation
- Ian Dyson, Commissioner, City of London Police
- Kirsten Mycroft, Global Chief Privacy Officer, BNY Mellon
- Christine Foster, Managing Director for Innovation, The Alan Turing Institute
- Sir Nigel Shadbolt, Chairman, Open Data Institute
- Natalie Ceeney CBE, Chair, Innovate Finance
Part of Abu Dhabi Global Market, the ADGM Academy was established to build expertise, financial education, and literacy, to power the MENA and the rest of the world. ADGMA works with global experts to build a portfolio of high-quality financial education with its globally recognised programmes offering qualifications in banking, finance, leadership, entrepreneurship, technical and soft skills.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Telephone: +971 2 333 8858