Abu Dhabi boasts first-class infrastructure and unparalleled global connectivity, making it a premier international destination. Its exceptional qualities make it an ideal location to live, work, and conduct business.
A financial centre that provides transparency, efficiency, and integrity, through its progressive frameworks, future focused infrastructure, all within a familiar independent legal jurisdiction – ADGM is the perfect platform for success.
ADGM, the centre for a transparent and thriving sustainable finance ecosystem.
Our community of business professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors can depend on ADGM to provide timely news and reliable insights.
At ADGM, we offer various support options, including contact details, FAQs, enquiry forms, and a whistleblowing form.
RESOLVE is an ambitious Forum that seeks to provoke, challenge and encourage the local and international dispute resolution community to drive change for a sustainable future. Its focus is on thought leadership and bringing together the dispute resolution community in ADGM to engage with speakers of outstanding expertise and experience who will tackle the biggest issues facing global industries and explore strategies for their resolution.
16 March 2022 | Abu Dhabi Global Market
The topics for RESOLVE reflect the views and concerns of international businesses and investors of the most pressing challenges that the legal profession must address in the immediate future. We have identified these topics in order to leave no stone unturned in how the legal profession can support and drive impactful change for the prosperity of their clients.
Our speakers will share their insights and creative ways of approaching these topics: recognising the challenges they present; exploring options for their effective resolution; and transforming them into potential opportunities.
- With the conclusion of the UN’s COP26 in 2021 and looking forward to how COP28 may reflect progress and change, sustainability is a topic that will now remain firmly front of mind for the legal profession. It is imperative that the profession takes a tailored, individualised look at sustainability and devises game changing strategies for their effective resolution.
- RESOLVE will focus on the role of international dispute resolution best practices in furthering the mission behind reducing climate change and promoting sustainability across all industries.
- The US, the UK and Singapore are leaders in Fintech innovation, but the UAE is becoming synonymous with FinTech. The Emirates house almost 50% of the region’s FinTech companies. From providing for the unbanked population, to investing in unicorns, the Fintech industry covers it all. There is a huge opportunity for the dispute resolution community to be part of this evolution. However, there is still a massive gap between the needs of the industry and how they are being supported.
- This panel of respected dispute resolution commentators will discuss what is keeping the Fintech industry awake at night with risk and how the dispute resolution community can get on board, accept the challenge and take a role in this fascinating sector.
- The seamless flow of information fuels the prosperity of businesses and stimulates economies around the world. However, whilst this free flow of information presents unique opportunities, global concerns around cybersecurity, data protection and privacy are increasing, and the law faces huge challenges to keep up with the pace at which technology continues to evolve.
- These global cyber and technology experts will seek to unravel the complexities of the legal and regulatory framework surrounding cybersecurity, data and privacy in the digital age, and how dispute resolution options may provide the necessary circuit breaker.
TOWARDS THE NEXT 50
- “The year of preparation for the next fifty requires community collaboration to advance our development drive and its sustainability, and fulfill our aspirations to a better future for our UAE.” - HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- As the UAE formulates the development plan for the next 50 years, what are the biggest opportunities and challenges facing industry, and what is the role of the dispute resolution community to support the way forward? Hear from legal heavyweights who are based in the UAE's sovereign wealth funds and Abu Dhabi’s biggest industry players, as they crystal ball what lies ahead.
RESOLVE is proud to have as strategic partners some of the leading and most impactful organisations in the region. View the list of partners below.
For all guests attending this event, please read here.
Investment Arbitration in the Middle East
17th March 2022 | Abu Dhabi
The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes and the Abu Dhabi Global Market have partnered on a joint conference that will gather leading arbitrators and practitioners from across the region and globally under the theme of ‘Investment Treaty Arbitration in the Middle East’. Register here.
Register your interest