A new global Asset Management hub where opportunity thrives
Abu Dhabi is increasingly becoming the preferred city for asset management businesses who are capitalising on the benefits of being in the Gulf region, strategically located between East and West time zones, within a thriving Falcon Economy, and proximity to investment opportunities across the MEASA region.
Abu Dhabi’s leading international financial centre – ADGM, recognises the requirements of asset management firms, by implementing a supportive legal and regulatory framework and a simplified digital set-up process, providing asset management firms with a platform to grow and thrive.
Fund managers can establish a variety of different types of funds, and ADGM also offers best-in-class investment vehicles, different structuring options including cross-border structures. With sophisticated and flexible regimes to best suit the requirements of their clients. ADGM offers the complete ecosystem of legal, accounting and servicing firms to support asset management activities.Contact Us
Why are investors attracted to Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi has become a leading destination for innovation, attracting global corporations, investment banks, fintech and tech-led firms, private equities, venture capitalists as well as a broad range of professional service advisors.
This vibrant city offers a diverse multi-cultural business environment, political and economic stability, with government backed catalyst funds for future development of the financial sector. Abu Dhabi is tax friendly, and has a high standard of living, offering a variety of cultural and leisure activities, exceptional healthcare, and outstanding education.
Abu Dhabi, a global leading city and the 'Capital of Capital'
- Strong economic fundamentals, with an unmatched 9.3% GDP growth to USD 300 billion in 2022
- Home to the largest Sovereign Wealth Funds with over USD 1.5 trillion in institutional capital.
- Large pool of private wealth with 5,200 HNWIs relocating to the UAE last year, adding to the 109,900 HNWIs, 298 UHNWIs (with over $100m in assets), and 20 billionaires already living in the UAE
Familiar Legal and Regulatory Frameworks
- ADGM’s Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) developed and continues to enhance its progressive Capital Markets Framework which includes; digital securities, environmental instruments, spot commodities and virtual assets
- Taking an agile and future-led approach, responding to international changes to support Fund Managers with minimum impact on business operations.
- An independent jurisdiction with direct application of English Common Law
- The IFC has a sophisticated e-Courts to support enforcement of judgements and has an international mediator’s panel for dispute resolution
Global Players increasingly see Abu Dhabi as an essential base for their operations
- Since May 2023 a total of 96 Fund and Asset Management firms and funds registered and operate in ADGM.
- A total number of funds managed by ADGM fund managers is 130, majorly distributed across Private Equity or Venture Capital (PE/VC) and public equity focused.
- In 2022, assets under management for ADGM reflected a growth of 56%, making it one of the fastest-growing IFCs in the region.
Favourable Business Environment
- ADGM offers 100% foreign ownership for its registered entities
- Personal income tax is not applied in the UAE
- The UAE has over 100 tax treaties with the majority reducing withholding tax and capital gains tax rates
- There’s an easy process for applying for a UAE tax residence certificate from the Ministry of Finance
Why ADGM? Hear from our community
Brevan Howard discovers Abu Dhabi
Premier Hub for Asset Management
ADGM - Regulatory Framework
ADGM - Ecosystem
Connect with us to discuss your financial goals. Fill out the form to start the conversation.
Should you require further information beyond what is provided in our FAQ section, please do not hesitate to contact us via the form below.
Thank you for your enquiry regarding ADGM's Asset Management page.
A member of our team will respond to our email as soon as possible.