Abu Dhabi boasts first-class infrastructure and unparalleled global connectivity, making it a premier international destination. Its exceptional qualities make it an ideal location to live, work, and conduct business.
A financial centre that provides transparency, efficiency, and integrity, through its progressive frameworks, future focused infrastructure, all within a familiar independent legal jurisdiction – ADGM is the perfect platform for success.
ADGM, the centre for a transparent and thriving sustainable finance ecosystem.
Our community of business professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors can depend on ADGM to provide timely news and reliable insights.
At ADGM, we offer various support options, including contact details, FAQs, enquiry forms, and a whistleblowing form.
ADGM Introduces Guiding Principles on WhistleblowingADGM 06/12/2022
- The Principles focus on six key aspects of whistleblowing as guidance for all ADGM entities
- Reflect ADGM’s emphasis on transparency, accountability and market integrity
Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) has today published its Guiding Principles on Whistleblowing. The Guiding Principles reflect ADGM’s emphasis on transparency, accountability and market integrity within the centre.
Since inception, ADGM has been committed to growing an international financial centre where market participants operate in line with the highest global standards of business practice. In line with this commitment, the Guiding Principles provide guidance for all ADGM entities to consider in building and maintaining their own whistleblowing frameworks. They serve as a reminder that ADGM believes a culture that supports speaking up with confidence forms part of any progressive business environment.
The guiding principles complement the ADGM’s existing regulatory frameworks, and cover six key aspects of a strong whistleblowing framework, encompassing:
- A guiding definition of whistleblowing: encouraging a broad definition of whistleblowing to be used.
- Non-Retaliation ensuring that whistleblowers are given adequate opportunities to speak up, and are fairly treated when they do so.
- Confidentiality and due process: restricting access to whistleblowing reports and following due process in managing them.
- Reporting in good faith: focusing the protections of any whistleblowing framework to honestly held beliefs reported in good faith.
- Components of a whistleblowing framework: including appropriate resources to support it, which will vary depending on the nature of the relevant entity’s business.
- Culture: supporting a whistleblowing program with an organisational culture of trust and transparency.
Commenting on the introduction of the Guiding Principles on Whistleblowing, Emmanuel Givanakis, Chief Executive Officer of the FSRA said: “In line with global movements in favour of ever-increasing transparency and corporate accountability, strong and effective whistleblowing frameworks are considered a hallmark of good governance and risk management at any organisation. ADGM’s Guiding Principles on Whistleblowing highlight the importance of an ethical corporate culture to build strong foundations to secure the future success of any business. ADGM encourages all ADGM entities to review and align their own whistleblowing programs in line with these guidelines, in support of the continued growth of ADGM as a leading international financial centre.”
To see ADGM’s Guiding Principles on Whistleblowing, please click here: ADGM - Guiding Principles on Whistleblowing.