ADGM presents the Inaugural Digital Lab Demo Day
The demo day will showcase the exciting collaborations undertaken by market participants in the ADGM Digital Lab with a focus on open banking, financial inclusion, and regulatory compliance (RegTech).
Accelerating Abu Dhabi’s innovation-driven digital transformation
One of the key challenges financial institutions encounter in their ability to adopt innovation is the process of procuring, and thereafter integrating with their legacy systems, digital solutions offered by FinTechs and other technology providers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
With the specific aim of solving this challenge, the ADGM Digital Lab is built with functionalities that enable testing and verification of new products or solutions prior to procurement, thereby expediting time to market for financial institutions in a cost-effective manner. Such functionalities include:
- API-driven connectivity: enabling the use of APIs that meet international security and interoperability standards to connect between the systems of financial institutions and FinTechs or technology providers. Before listing an API on the Digital Marketplace, the API-provider is required to complete a conformance and certification process, which will help determine whether they have implemented each part of the standards correctly.
- Docker images and containerisation: enabling financial institutions to easily replicate their core-banking systems in secure, access-controlled containers
- Low-code workflow tools: empowering teams across financial institutions that may not have an IT background to collaborate together and use simple drag and drop functionalities to experiment with how new tech solutions can interact with and improve existing workflows or create / enhance products
- Challenge notice board: through which ADGM Digital Lab users seeking tech solutions can post their problem statements and source solutions from the firms listed on the ADGM Digital Lab Marketplace. For instance, financial institutions may pose problem statements and invite fintechs and regulators to run and test proofs-of-concept (POCs) that can lead to eventual production.
- Synthetic data generator: where access to synthetic data will facilitate innovation testing in full compliance with data protection requirements
Streaming live, Monday, 5 April 2021
10:00 - 10:15am Opening remarks
10:15 - 11:00am Launch of Digital Marketplace
11:00am- 12:00pm Demos from founding partners
12:00 - 12:30pm Panel on co-sandbox and cross-border testing
12:30 - 12:55pm Panel on SME platform
12:55 - 1:00pm Closing remarks
Register for the ADGM Digital Lab Demo Day
Thank you for registering.
We look forward to welcoming you back to this page for the live stream of the Inaugural ADGM Digital Lab Demo Day on Monday, 5 April 2021