ADGM Foundations Regime has been introduced as an alternative to trusts for financial planning and structuring. ADGM Foundations allow the personal and corporate community to locally access a much sought after product from a world-class international financial centre for the first time in the United Arab Emirates, as well as offering an attractive alternative jurisdiction to international clients.
The regime was developed in close consultation with the advisory community to be highly flexible and to strike an appropriate balance between transparency and discretion, as well as competiveness in terms of cost and ease of process, with features benchmarked globally.
ADGM Foundations are fast and simple to set up and manage (registered agents are voluntary), with straightforward ongoing reporting requirements.
ADGM Foundations can be used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, wealth management and preservation, family succession planning, tax planning, asset protection, corporate structuring, and for public interest foundations (excluding charities).
BENEFITS OF FOUNDATIONS:
• Offers enhanced asset protection
• Provides a robust governance structure
• Additional assurance through guardian oversight
• Distinct legal personality, unlike a Trust
• Separation of liability whilst maintaining control of assets
• Perpetual existence after lifetime of the founder
WHY CHOOSE ADGM FOUNDATION's REGIME?
• Locally based option available for the first time
• Developed in close consultation with global advisors to meet local and international needs
• Benchmarked globally to offer high levels of flexibility
• Strikes an appropriate balance between transparency and discretion
• Quick and easy fully digital registration process, and competitively priced
• Additional comfort in using a reputable, world-class international financial centre
• Proximity to a range of internationally leading advisers in the ADGM community
HOW TO APPLY
The Foundations application process is quick, simple and can be completed through the Online Registry Solution which can be accessed by clicking here.
For further questions, visit our FAQs
Click here to view full ADGM Foundations Regulations.
Fees for registration and incorporation are in US dollars. The registration fees to establish a corporate business in ADGM are as follows.
|Incorporating a foundation||
Submit application and required documentation to the Registrar via the online system.
If all information needed is provided fully and accurately, the process can be completed within a few days and Applicant will receive a soft copy of the Certificate of Registration via email.
If you have questions or need any assistance, we're here to help.
Place your vision in safe hands