Abu Dhabi boasts first-class infrastructure and unparalleled global connectivity, making it a premier international destination. Its exceptional qualities make it an ideal location to live, work, and conduct business.
A financial centre that provides transparency, efficiency, and integrity, through its progressive frameworks, future focused infrastructure, all within a familiar independent legal jurisdiction – ADGM is the perfect platform for success.
ADGM, the centre for a transparent and thriving sustainable finance ecosystem.
Our community of business professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors can depend on ADGM to provide timely news and reliable insights.
At ADGM, we offer various support options, including contact details, FAQs, enquiry forms, and a whistleblowing form.
2019 MENA FinTech Venture Report
in collaboration with MAGNiTT
The in-depth report, a first of its kind for the region, includes a deep-dive into the financial technology (FinTech) industry across the Middle East and North Africa with a key focus on start-ups and venture capital funding. Through data-driven insights, the report delves into key trends in the regional FinTech industry, including venture investments, successful exits, FinTech growth drivers, sub-industries, country comparisons, international benchmarks and success stories.
Key highlights of the report:
- FinTech has received 181 investments over 5 years, accounting for 10% of all venture investment deals across MENA
- FinTech ranked 1st of all industries across MENA by number of venture investments in both 2018 and 2019 YTD
- Payments & remittance start-ups are the top sub-industry within FinTech, accounting for 45% of all FinTech deals in 2019 YTD
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the largest FinTech hub by FinTech start-ups (46%), as well as number of deals (47%) and total funding (69%) in 2019 YTD
- Regional demographics, accelerator programs, and government support through sandboxes and funds propel FinTech start-ups’ growth