SUSTAINABLE FINANCE DECLARATION
The Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Declaration is a voluntary membership-based initiative launched by Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) in 2019 under the auspices of the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, the Central Bank and the Securities and Commodities Authority.
VISION AND MISSION
VISION AND MISSION
- The various signatories of the declaration have forged their commitment to furthering the UAE's sustainability footprint and ensuring the longevity of the UAE's economy.
- We envision a thriving, global community of financial institutions and other stakeholders working together for projects, programs and activities that are socially beneficial, environmentally responsible and economically viable.
- To increase the quality and depth of green financial products in Abu Dhabi and create a thriving sustainable finance industry to support the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the UAE in meeting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The signatories of the Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Declaration agree to:
Collaborate to create a framework for fostering and integrating green and sustainable investments in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the UAE and the wider region;
Facilitate a constructive dialogue on sustainable finance between all stakeholders, including the financial community, business and the public sector;
Identify new and innovative measures, products and services to initiate positive economic, social and environmental development in Abu Dhabi and beyond;
Encourage educational opportunities for greater environmental protection and sustainability;
Raise awareness among, and encourage cooperation with, relevant stakeholders in the implementation of the provisions of this declaration at the Emirate and Federal level;
Meet regularly to assess progress on implementing the provisions of this Declaration.
To be part of an inclusive and innovative effort to work together for projects, programs and activities that are socially beneficial, environmentally responsible and economically viable;
To participate in capacity-building opportunities through ADGM's forums and conferences including the Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Forum and Fintech Festival;
To benefit from emerging innovative business opportunities in Abu Dhabi, the UAE and the wider region;
To network with like-minded financial institutions and other stakeholders including multilateral organizations, government bodies, business and industry and academic community - all working together for a common goal.
How to become part of the Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Declaration:
The organisations eligible to join include:
- Financial institutions
- Institutions involved in green equity and venture capital for businesses that help our transition to low
- Carbon and sustainable economy
- Multilateral organisations
- Policymaking bodies and government agencies
- Institutional investors
- Industry and project sponsors interested in sustainable financing
- Social Finance Organisations
- Academic institutions with a focus on banking and finance, sustainable development and related
Interested institutions are requested to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.